Governance is exercised through the iVEC Board of Management, which provides leadership and oversight of the activities of the organisation. The function of the Board of iVEC is to collectively set its strategic direction, ensure the delivery of its objectives and to uphold its values.
The members of the Board are:
- Hon Dr Mal Bryce (Independent Board Chairman)
- Dr Neil Stringfellow (Executive Director)
- Dr Steve Harvey (Deputy Business Unit Leader, Earth Science & Resource Engineering, CSIRO)
- Mr Charlie Thorn (Director, Research & Development, Curtin University)
- Prof John Finlay-Jones (DVC Research and Advancement, Edith Cowan University)
- Prof David Morrison (DVC Research, Murdoch University)
- Dr Campbell Thomson (Director, Research Services, University of Western Australia)
- Dr Chris Pigram (CEO Geoscience Australia)
- Mr Geoff Harben (Director, Markets, KPMG)
The Board Secretary is Mr Brian Haines (Business Manager, iVEC) who can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org
Governance is concerned with the structures, systems and processes that ensure the overall direction, effectiveness, supervision and accountability of the organisation.
Key Board responsibilities include:
- Compliance monitoring – ensuring compliance with the objectives, purposes and values of the organisation, and with its Members Agreement
- Organisational governance – setting or approving policies, plans and budgets to achieve those objectives, and monitoring performance against them
- Strategic planning – reviewing and approving strategic direction and initiatives
- Regulatory monitoring – ensuring that iVEC complies with all relevant laws, regulations and regulatory requirements
- Financial monitoring – reviewing budget, monitoring management and financial performance
- Financial reporting – considering and approving annual financial statements and required reports to government
- Organisational structure – setting and maintaining a framework of delegation and internal control
- Risk management – reviewing and monitoring the effectiveness of risk management and compliance in the organisation.