iVEC has four uptake programs – Education, eResearch, Industry and Government Uptake, and Supercomputing Technology and Applications. These programs cover all aspects of uptake, from discovery – introducing supercomputing to a new audience, through to training and internships – to enabling people to utilise ICT in their research, and then scaling up to Petascale capability – embedding iVEC supercomputing experts into research groups, to help achieve ground-breaking computational science.
The uptake programs not only address the full range of computing experience in subjects from science and engineering to arts and humanities, they also work across a broad range of entities. iVEC users include: academics in the partner institutions and elsewhere; government agencies, and commercial enterprises.
Key activities of each program are:
- Training – short courses and workshops
- Internships – research and industry
- Outreach – tours, visits and resources
- Project scoping, consulting and collaboration
- Partner Program for access to services
- Workplace Integrated Learning – internships through the ACS Foundation
Deputy Director and STAP Program Leader:
Dr George Beckett
ARRC Building, Technology Park
26 Dick Perry Avenue
KensingtonÂ WAÂ 6151
Tel:Â +61 8 6436 8705 (ARRC)Â / +61 8 6488 6907 (UWA)