The Pawsey Centre is a 1000 square metre purpose-built supercomputing centre at the Western Australian Technology Park in Kensington. The facility, situated on land adjacent to the Australian Resources Research Centre, is owned by CSIRO and managed by iVEC.
The Pawsey Centre primarily hosts remotely accessed and real-time processing infrastructure.
If you have an interest in iVEC’s activities and would like to request a visit to the Pawsey Centre, please fill out an application form which can be found under the link in the left menu.
Facility Resources and Services
Infrastructure (mid-late 2013)
- Cray real-time supercomputer for operational radio astronomy.
- Cray supercomputer for general use.
- SGI hierarchical data storage system, backed by SpectraLogic tape libraries.
- SGI remote visualisation and virtual machines capability. This includes a 6TB shared memory UV2000.
- 10gbps external network connectivity and internal Infiniband fabric connecting the above resources.
Technical Operations Director
26 Dick Perry Ave,
Kensington, WA 6151
Phone: +61 8 6436 8709
Fax: +61 8 6436 8555